Shawnette Bryant is the director of clinical faculty for Urban Teachers in Dallas-Fort Worth. She is a founding member of Urban Teachers’ Dallas- Fort Worth team, having previously served as lead clinical faculty and a clinical faculty member. She brings more than a decade’s experience in urban education to her role. She wrote curriculum, served as a department head and provided guidance and support to educators and administrators at Baltimore City Public Schools.
She holds a doctorate in education from the University of Phoenix and a masters in professional writing from Towson University. She is a strong advocate for creating a culture of learning in the classroom and helping teachers and students build strong relationships. She works with new teachers to help them understand, respect and appreciate their students’ unique needs and differences.
• University of Phoenix, Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, 2014
• Towson University, Master of Science in Professional Writing, 2005
• University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, Bachelor of Arts in English, 1996
• Johns Hopkins University, School of Education, Urban Teachers, Dallas-Fort Worth, Director of Clinical Faculty, 2017-present
• Johns Hopkins University, School of Education, Urban Teachers, Dallas-Fort Worth, Lead Clinical Faculty, 2016-17
• Johns Hopkins University, School of Education, Urban Teachers, Dallas-Fort Worth, Clinical Faculty, 2012-16
• Online Instructor, University of Phoenix, 2008-13
Other professional positions
• Curriculum Writer, Baltimore City Public Schools, 2008-16
• Educational Associate, Baltimore City Public Schools, 2012-14
• Lead Teacher, Instructional Support Teacher, World Languages Department Head, Baltimore City Public Schools, 2005-16