Dr. Emmanuel Taiwo serves as the Lead Clinical Faculty for Special Education at Urban Teachers. He teaches graduate courses in special education and serves as the site lead for special education in Washington, DC. Dr. Taiwo is passionate about special education, inclusive education, and evidence-based field experience model of teacher preparation. He holds a doctorate in special education from John Hopkins University; two master’s degrees in Elementary Education and Special Education from Lesley University; and a Bachelor of Science Education in Physics from Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. He is an alumnae of the Urban Teachers program. He previously served as the Director of Student Services at Capital City Public Charter School (Lower School) in Washington, DC. In this role, Dr. Taiwo provided leadership and oversight in all matters related to the implementation, compliance, and evaluation of the Special Education, Section 504, and English language learner (ELL) programs.
- Lead Clinical Faculty, Special Education, Johns Hopkins University School of Education, Urban Teachers, 2018-present
- Adjunct Faculty, Special Education, Johns Hopkins University School of Education, Urban Teachers, 2017-2018
- Graduate Assistant, Special Education, Lesley University Graduate School of Education, Urban Teachers, 2013-2014
Other Professional Positions
- Director of Student Services, Capital City PCS, Washington, D.C.
- Inclusion Teacher, Capital City PCS, Washington, D.C.
- Urban Teachers Fellow, Capital City PCS, Washington, D.C.
- Urban Teachers Resident, Septima Clark PCS, Washington, D.C.
- Lead Teacher, Christ Academy, Abuja, Nigeria
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Doctorate in Special Education, 2017
- Lesley University, Cambridge, Master of Education in Special Education, 2013
- Lesley University, Cambridge, Master of Education in Elementary Education, 2013
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria, Bachelor of Science Education in Physics, 2007
- Special Education Promises and Challenges
- Introduction to Assessment and Tiered Instruction
- Understanding and Managing Behavior
- Formal Assessment & Designing Individualized Education Programs
- Specialized Instructional Techniques